Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Snowing in April

Woke up to a car covered in snow. I've mentioned previously that I feel safer when it does snow. The car is completely covered and while I generally feel people's apathy for their surroundings protects me most of the time, it is nice to have that extra security.

Although, to be honest, yesterday morning I felt a little defeated. My first draft of my thesis paper is due on Monday and I feel like I only have a small grasp on a much larger subject. Friday, I spoke to the a Eastern European studies professor, more in tune to the early twentieth century and the transitional shifts that brought people from the medieval period, to the Enlightenment to the modern era. Those seem like large gaps in history, but it is all interconnected. Once my paper gets reviewed a couple of times I might post it on here.
Anyways! The sky snowed nonstop. I went to bed pretty late Sunday night/Monday morning, and left the library to a light snow fall. By the time I woke up, the snow blanketed the landscape. I opted out of going to the Plasma center, not wanting to wipe off my car. Slept in, unintentionally and scrambled off to class.
 I stopped by the library before to find this notice. The school offers a 24 hour study location in the library, but the library itself would be closed. I still had to work though.

The warehouse grocery store had little traffic. Normally, it takes the crew an hour or so after closing to clean up everything. We left ten minutes after closing, because no mess had been made.

Here are some pictures of the open area covered with snow. I love walking through there, it's like being in a little forest. Can you believe the school wants to tear this down and build a stupid fucking stadium?

I imagine a small Fern Gully community living in the man made forestry, terrorized by the very threat.

No comments:

Post a Comment