Thursday, April 25, 2013

7/28 Car Truths: Sleeping

The Morning View

Sleeping!

How do I do it? It's actually much more comfortable sleeping in my car than I previously would of imagined. I've overslept well into the day and not realized.

Are there sometimes when it's loud outside? Sure, but I also hear similar noises to the same effect in buildings too.

The passenger seat of my car is taken out and left back home in my mom's garage. I lied and said my ex took it out to help with the move and I didn't know how to put it back in. (There's four basic bolts and a seat belt sensor, but being able to pretending I'm incapable of technical work without question is one of the benefits to being a girl, I guess.)

In place of the passenger seat is a free ottoman from Craigslist. Online, I've seen people craft their own wood boxes, but I didn't have time for that. Besides the itchy fabric on the ottoman, I get by with two blankets and two pillows. One blanket covers the bed and wraps around me like a burrito and the second goes on top, to block out any light and keep me warm.

During the colder months, I had a cold weather sleeping bag to crawl into underneath the blankets. I started sleeping on top of the sleeping bag and decided it was warm enough to leave it back home over Spring Break.

Parking and sleeping definitely go together. Depending if I'm going to sleep in or wake up early, if it's the weekend or a week day largely dictates where I choose to sleep.

The busier the morning is going to be, the sooner I want to be out of my car. On weekdays or sleep-in days I pick low traffic, side street places.

No comments:

Post a Comment