Tuesday, April 23, 2013

6/28 Car Truths: Lying

Can be found here.
Lying

There isn't any way around this: when you live in your car, you're going to have to lie. It's a good thing to have these answers preplanned and short.

"Where do you live?"

I've had a mixture of friends, school faculty and cops asked me this questions. For cops, I just say nearby and make a had gesture in a direction. This implies a location, but I don't really want to tell them. My friends think I live in the dorms, if you have a friend that lives on campus as well, I would find a different answer. The one professor who asked where I lived (I asked for an extension after I had had to move with a month's notice during finals), I told him in a house with some people.

Saying I live in the dorms mean I don't have to have a fridge. Since I don't have one in real life, this is useful. I can't store cold food items, my friends know this. Someone offers me food that needs to be refrigerated, I can tell them something.

"Where do I drop you off?"

Meme can be found here.
The one night I needed a ride home from drinking too much, the DD asked me where I lived. I picked the dorms on the far side of campus, that has an entryway slightly obscured from the road. This makes it look like I got safely inside, without them seeing. If you don't live on a campus, I would suggest picking an apartment complex that has a relaxed parking policy. Therefore, if someone does drive you home, you can leave your car in the parking lot and walk to it.

"Do you have room mates?"

No.

I generally avoid talking about my living situations. All of my personal belongings are in my car. I don't want anyone to steal away my life.

Someone has to know the truth of the situation. It can be hard sometimes and I need to have a non-judgemental person to vent too. My best friend and ex were the only two people I told. (And then my ex told his family, because he's inconsiderate.) On nights when I feel a little down, I have my friend to talk to. Even though I chose to do this, I still get sad about my living situation; like I failed somehow.

This rabbit is hilarious.



Source.

No comments:

Post a Comment