Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Homecoming

The cake, feat. red chucks.

My pup, Penny. Smart as a tack.
All three of the beasts, in the guest bed with me. Penny, Bubba and Basil.
I have the best mom ever. My manager had to leave work for a family emergency and never approved my four days off to visit home. I still managed to spend two days visiting mom, the pups and my cat.

My mom saved a Valentine's Day cake for me in the freezer and we had steak and broccoli, my favorite dinner, on my first night back. She helped me sign up for a low-income dental insurance wait list and organize a bunch of my old crap to donate.



I still feel pretty bad. Because of her leg surgery my mom has picked up extra shifts in one of her jobs and the clients there seem like jerk offs. In her other job one of her major clients is actually moving up near Fort Collins and she's loosing that income.

When I graduate in May, I'll definitely be helping her by paying back that family loan, but I still feel my mom deserves better than working two jobs just to get by at 49.

No comments:

Post a Comment