Saturday, April 27, 2013

10/28 Car Truths: Nothing new

I have a "Style" folder on my computer,

You don't need anything new!

The few items that I purchased to make living in my car easier are:
Cold weather sleeping bag - $23
Three red containers - $12
Four sun reflecting window covers - $26

Out of those items how many do you think I really needed?

None, honestly.


Where I collect inspiration pieces.
I left the sleeping bag at my mom's house over Spring Break and survived through one blizzard and two snow storms with the blankets I already had. Further, my mom had two sleeping bags in the garage, that I didn't want to use because they were "old."

I'm only using one of the red containers that I bought now. The third one kept getting in the way, so I left it at my ex's and never got it back after we broke up. After rearranging the clothes I actually use versus the clothes I brought, I eliminated the second container. The problem is: I work at a grocery warehouse, I could of just grabbed some cardboard boxes for free.

I used the window covers for my first week in the car and had two problems: I couldn't find a way to hang them up they attracted attention. Sun covers, on all the windows, during winter is an unusual sight. They're bright, shiny and say "The person who owns this car doesn't want you to see something." Most people ignore the blankets I have in my car and if I wasn't lazy in the mornings I could store them in the trunk for further stealth. I even received a ticket, while sleeping in my car, and the person who gave it to me didn't realize someone was in there.

That's sixty-four dollars that could of been mine.
I have a soft spot for "cool" jackets.

There's a lot of cool traveling gear, that I wish I had, but waiting until you have the cool clothes before going an adventure brings you no where.


You lack nothing to live free; the hard part is getting rid of the excess.



No comments:

Post a Comment