Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Development of teh Plan


When I first transferred to my CSU, I wanted to continue on to get my doctorates in Medieval History.  Since childhood, I have been obsessed with the Legend of Zelda and that preoccupation carried over the years as an interest in the time period it emulates.

Swords.
Castles.
Garb and kick-ass shoes.

All of it interested me.









Further down the road, I still study the material culture of the period, but right now I'm focused on the history (and the modern world's reimagining) of the Crusades, specifically focusing on Christiandom's relationship with the Islamic Middle East.

My GPA is not competitive enough to qualify for significant financial aid. Partially due to my personal life and unfamiliarity with college as a first generation student.



BUT, I always have a goal and plan to work towards, even though it changes a long the way! Right now, after graduating I have a specific schedule.

Pay off my college loan by the end of graduating (300 left, I'll explain what happened to the other monies I've been saving in the next post.)

Work until mid-September.

Go to a martial arts conference and an anime convention.

Visiting my artificial family in California.

Turn twenty-four.

Sign up as a linguist for the military.


Even if the VA benefits and health care are shit due to the current economic mess and mismanagement of VA records, the money made in the military could mostly go towards my education. I already know German proficiently and adding another language to that would set me up as a great candidate for a master program.

Just a plan.

No comments:

Post a Comment