Saturday, January 5, 2013

Third Night and The Man

The night itself went pretty smoothly. I got to sleep in a bit due to my schedule. In an attempt to stay stealthy, I set my alarm for sunrise. Unfortunately, when I woke up the sun shined brightly enough for my position to be more noticeable. I wasn't approached, but it made me slightly uncomfortable with the possibility.

The Rec Center is currently on a Winter Break schedule, which means that on weekends I don't have the time go to the Rec Center. So, this is the first day where I had to do a "bathroom shower" in the library. That went pretty smoothly, as the bathrooms at the entrance are single rooms and have plenty of privacy.

Not wanting to be stuck inside all day, when the temperatures appeared agreeably, I found a small park near my work to go and read. A patrol officer noticed me near my car. He said he wanted to make sure I was okay, because my head bowed down over a book, but I didn't really believe him. Then he asked if I lived in my car and I answered him honestly.

He then explained to me about housing options, gave me his card, and left. It isn't illegal to sleep in your car in the state of Colorado. Over the past three days, I've been approached by two police officers (albeit the first one is my fault). I honestly think the mattress in the back might be causing too much attention. Definitely need to get rid of it and just sleep on the seats.


FOOD!
An orange and four carrots for 50 cents each, tortilla and peanut butter for 30 cents, and a sausage biscuit for 1.07.

No comments:

Post a Comment