Sunday, January 13, 2013

The Week

I've found that whenever I receive an offer to hang out or go out on the town, I'm more willing to accept now because that means more time inside. Last time I updated, I had one more night in the car, with very little sleep after staying out until 2 am on a weekday. Then, I used the last couple of days I had off from work to drive down to my home city.

I got the car checked out and had a basic oil change. The mechanic dude got a little testy and suggested I also get an transmission flush - so took care of that as well. Unfortunately, he also said that there is not a marking on the timing belt - which could break around the mileage that the Aveo is at. :| So, I'm driving around a ticking time bomb that could break and cost thousands to fix OR he just exaggerated.

I did clean up the car while I visited my home city: removed/sold the mattress, added the cold weather sleeping bag, and packed all my things in the trunk. The car looks more discrete now and I definitely feel more secure sleeping in a less conspicuous vehicle.

The first night back from my home city I used the sleeping bag. Almost everything but my feet stayed rather warm. I only realized that my feet stayed against the cold, metal door the whole night. DUR! When the gym stays open later during the semester, it will be easier waking and showering - until then sink showers on the weekend. Although, next Tuesday is the first day of school. I can't believe it.

I should also mention that the transmission flush on my car screwed up my set up budget for the month. I had the money to cover it, but ehh who wants to spend almost two hundred dollars on their car in a week? Not I!

No comments:

Post a Comment