Thursday, January 31, 2013

The First Month

Well, I just looked at my monthly spending summary online. I can honestly say that if I had to pay rent, I wouldn't of made it through the month. Last semester, I took 21 credit hours and expected the extra $600 charge past my tuition funding of loans and grants. This semester, with only 18 credits, I did not expect the $700 past is normal for a semester. :|

Plus the $280 I spent to get the transmission and engine fluids flushed and the oil change. (The guy at Meineke also said that I should replace my timing belt, but I'm probably going to delay until summer.)

Plus the $400 on books. UGH!

So the first month of trying to save money by living in my car  is working, it's just that all the spare money I'm saving is going to school. While, I did go over on my food budget, most of the overspending was to pay for food that will last into February (granola, chips, peanut butter, WestSoy milk, dried fruit)

Next month should be easier, as I won't be in the process of moving and I got the whole car thing down.

No comments:

Post a Comment