Sunday, February 24, 2013

Night Life



  During the week a coworker buddy invited me out for dinner. Whatever! I'll go. Not really understanding what "for dinner" meant, I showed up to the restaurant to meet coworker and eight plus friends. Apparently, my frugal, shut-in status encouraged my coworker buddies to invite me out to the strip for drinks.

Bar hopping is not my thing. It can be fun, but I don't really understand the fun of going to five or six places in one night basically to talk about the atmosphere differences. Had a couple of drinks, chatted and then went "home" early.

The joke my drunken Uncle likes to tell got me a free drink:
"So, there's this Beer crisis. All the big name companies reluctantly get together to solve this crisis. Budweiser CEO, Coors, Heineken, IPA, Guinness, etc, etc. As they sit down for dinner the waitress asks what they each want to drink. The Budweiser guy asks for a Budweiser, Coors a Coors, and so on. When it gets to the Guinness guy, he orders a Diet Coke. All the other CEOs look and him and wonder what's up, why didn't he order a Guinness. The Guinness guy said, "Well, if nobody else is going to drink real beer, why should I?" BABOOM!


The good thing about living in your car is that you don't have to drive home after a night out. I awoke to a nice down town setting around noon. The white rose I received for Valentine's is still next to the steering wheel.




No comments:

Post a Comment